Thursday 23 July 2015

 


                          My moment in time 

I observe the vast, white landscape of the colossal mountains, my tears of joy pour like a waterfall down my face. My eyes see more jumbo mountains with glistening snow as bright as sapphire. I have a glorious view of the scorching sun glazing upon my shivering skin. I hear the whistling sensation of wind passing and swirling through my ears. I also hear crumbling rocks falling like meteors from out of space. I can hear my companions behind me chattering away like little kids shouting to each other. I breathe in, and smell the cool breeze tickling my nose like a feather. I smell the delicious lunch that one of my friends packed for all of us hungry climbers. I taste the small, microscopic snowflake on my tongue, it gives me many goosebumps. My hands are numb and my fingers are so cold that I cannot feel them anymore. I can see the hard, over sized boulder  in our way. I wonder when are we going to finish our extensive and perilous journey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment